Aegis has been named one of the top five outsourcing companies in Australia and New Zealand in the prestigious International Association of Outsourcing Professionals (IAOP) Global Outsourcing 100®.
Aegis Australia employs more than 2,000 people in contact centres in Australia and New Zealand, offering a world-class business process outsourcing service. With Aegis Aspire, it also has one of the country's leading registered training organisations.
Rajiv Ahuja, president ASEAN and ANZ of Aegis in Australia, said the award was recognition that since entering the Australian market two years ago through its acquisition of UCMS, Aegis had continued to provide a high quality of service to many of Australia’s major companies. "This award is a testament to the dedication and hard work of our managers and staff which continue to provide outstanding results for our customers and in turn for their end-users," he said.
Aegis, which is close to being a $1-billion company employing over 50,000 employees globally, is part of the global giant, the Essar Group, a global conglomerate. Aegis was also recognized in the awards by being named 15th in the global rankings. This is an improvement over its 21st ranking in 2010 and 26th in 2009.
"This recognition by IAOP is a testimony to the geography, our domain expertise and process-wide capabilities that we have built and strengthened over the years," said Sandip Sen, President (Americas) and Chief Marketing Officer, Aegis Ltd. "This ranking is also an endorsement of the commitment and dedication of the 50,000 plus Aegisites who deliver an outstanding service experience to our clients."
According to IAOP Chairman and chair of the judges' panel Michael Corbett, "Revenue data supplied by applicants for the Global Outsourcing 100 shows the size and strength of the outsourcing industry. Outsourcing is enjoying strong growth and companies are outsourcing more of their operations than ever before. The companies on The Global Outsourcing 100 lists are proven leaders and rising stars. They are the companies you want to partner with to achieve success and better outsourcing outcomes."
"The Global Outsourcing 100 rankings help companies make better-informed purchasing decisions with confidence because these companies have gone through a rigorous process that has put their credentials through objective scrutiny," said Deborah Hamill, CEO of IAOP.
Globally, IAOP also cited Aegis in these sub-categories:
- Best 5 companies by industry focus – air transportation
- Best 20 leaders by industry focus – financial services (banking, markets)
- Best 20 leaders by industry focus – telecommunications
- Best 20 leaders by service provided – customer relationship management services
- Best 20 companies by service provided – financial management services
- Best 20 leaders by region served – US
- Best 20 leaders by region served – India
- The Global Outsourcing 100, now in its sixth year, is an independently judged, opt-in ranking of the world’s best outsourcing service providers, which has become an important resource to help companies compare providers and advisors using an objective methodology.